Your web design plays a huge part in offering the user experience, an aspect that search engines are now focused on. It is the gateway to your economy. Through your website, your online consumers can become informed of your company, goods, services, etc. If you render this gateway useless, none of your clients will ever know you. Creating a stunning website would not be enough, therefore, today.
Successful designer not only designs visually pleasing websites, but professional designers should recognize all the themes and business standards and develop attractive websites that would be competitive for business. Or else, there is no benefit in creating a stunning website that costs a lot of money but does not appear organically on search engines. It is therefore important that you offer it with a lot of focus and planning.
However, a lot of website owners fail to review their web design or recognize essential SEO elements, as a consequence of which a lot of them make a mistake in recruiting cheap SEO organizations that damage their whole SEO initiative.
Let’s look at some of the site design mistakes that you can prevent to prevent adversely harming your SEO efforts:
- Design Not ResponsiveMore than half of consumers use their mobile devices, developing a non-responsive website is the biggest blunder you can do with your company. Google’s mobile-first indexing approach and mobile device accessibility algorithms favor the sensitive website better than an otherwise configured non-responsive website.A good strategy is to have a single design of the site created as a responsive design. Responsive design is about simplicity and compatibility, which also includes losing unwanted resources for a more efficient solution.
The Viewport meta attribute can be used in such a manner that the user can properly measure the width of the website without a mess. Ample online applications are available to check the device usability of the website. Google provides a quick run-time check to evaluate the device responsiveness of the website.
- Ignoring H1 TagsHeader tags are used for headers on your site where H1 is the biggest and therefore the most significant text on the website, typically used for the main title.The most widespread mistake is deleting the H1 tag only because it doesn’t have a position on the list. The H1 tag is one of the first things that search engine crawlers can look at to decide what the website is all about. Using this name, plus your goal keyword increases the odds of a higher rating.
One of the mistakes was using more than most h1 tags, placing entire paragraphs within header tags, or using header tags for text types other than headlines. Headers are intended to show what the website is all about. If done properly, it will serve to move out the SEO efforts. Otherwise, it would proceed to a complete disaster.
- Frequent pop-ups
Pop-up ads used to be a problem on sites that wanted money to operate their blogs. Nonetheless, this approach is no longer popular, particularly in the case of appropriate sites that are already essential to their website costs as part of their running costs.
Be sure you have a strong approach if you intend to make use of pop-ups to prevent adverse impacts on user experience and SEO. Pages that have so many pop-ups in a manner that interrupts user experience will face fines from search engines.
- Endless ScrollInfinite scroll loads more content as the user drops to the bottom of the tab. Unless your website is not properly optimized, search engines would not be able to crawl your website. Because robots browse websites by links, there is no way for them to realize that there is more content on the page beyond the top 10 posts. The good news is that you can render endless scroll pages search-friendly. Implement the guidance given by the Google Webmaster Blog and there will be no reason to choose between the design and the SEO.
- Large Images and Media FilesImages are beautiful and important aspects of the website. Their absence, which implies the shelling of only messages, would lead to a rather boring platform that will certainly scare away the customers. Large images and videos consume a lot of space and take forever to load your browsers, particularly on mobile devices. As a consequence, the site page is slower, producing poor user interface and search engine ranking problems.Nonetheless, certain designers fail to take into account the size of the media files, which may impact the performance of the website, which would eventually lead to poor user experience. So be conscious of the weight that each of these images brings to the web.
- Thin Content Well-researched and professionally designed content is key to SEO and digital marketing growth. Long-form articles ranked at the top of Google’s search engine result page, devalue low-quality thin content that is significantly small sized. Yet several occasions, small business owners struggle to realize this and continue incorporating content that has already been released on the Web. The Google Panda algorithm quickly identifies such low-quality, thin material, and ultimately penalizes the website.